Monday 6 July 2015

Parissa Chamomile Body Sugar Wax - Review and How To

I've used razors and wax for a long time now but I have recently been looking for ways to green up my hair removal routine! While I love the convenience of shaving, I hate having to do it so often! Wax is also a great method but I'm not a fan of the ingredients which is why sugaring really appealed to me. You can make it at home with simple, natural ingredients (water, sugar, lemon) but seeing as I'm a newbie I wanted to find one that I could purchase.

I came across the brand Parissa which is not only cruelty free but is Canadian as well! They have quite a few products to choose from but the one I purchased was conveniently available at my local Walmart.

What comes in the box:

Parissa Chamomile Body Sugar Wax - Review and How To
{via}
- 20 large reusable strips * You can cut these for smaller areas
- 2 large wooden spatulas
- 1 precision wooden spatula
- Azolene Oil *Made from Chamomile Flowers, great for preventing ingrown hairs
- Body Sugar * You can see I only used 1/5 of the jar for one use! ( Full legs, underarms, bikini area)

How to:

1. Ensure you have clean dry skin * I like to have a rinse in the shower (water only) and then apply powder (I use arrowroot powder, you can also use corn starch or natural baby powder) to the areas I am going to be removing the hair from.

2. Heat the sugar * Microwave on high for 20 seconds or place in water bath for a couple minutes. 

3. Apply sugar in the direction of hair growth and place the removal strip on top. *Gently rub the strip in the direction of hair growth to ensure it has adhered to hair. 

4. Pull skin taut and quickly remove the strip keeping it as close and parallel to your body as possible. 

5. If you have a couple spots that were missed you can immediately go back and remove the hair in the same manner. 

6. Dab on a small amount of Azolene oil in areas prone to ingrown hairs.

How To Sugar Wax + Review  - Happily Ever Green

Newbie Body Sugaring Tips:

* If this is the first time you are using body sugar make sure your hair has grown out a little more than usual, at least 1/4 inch. It has a difficult time grabbing on to short, coarse hair that has been bluntly cut by a razor.

*Always do a test patch 24 hrs before committing to it! You don't want to have an adverse reaction the day before a trip or day to the beach!

* Complete your hair removal the day before you will be showing it off so that any irritation or bumps have time to dissipate.

* Remove hair in small areas to start, it will become less painful as time goes on and you'll be able to do full strips.

* You may need to reheat the sugar to complete your hair removal if you do not keep it on a warmer or under a lamp. Pop it back in the microwave for no more than 10 seconds or back in a water bath for a minute. Ensure the sugar is smooth syrup like consistency.

* If you run out of strips you can wash them and use them damp!

* Exfoliate every day to prevent ingrown hairs, I love to use my body brush!

After using this product I would definitely purchase it again! One day I hope to overcome my fear and make it at home but until then, this is an easy and convenient substitute.

Let me know about your favourite hair removal method or product in the comments below!

Peace and Happiness,

Jules

* I purchased Parissa with my own money and as always all opinions are my own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment